Saturday, January 17, 2009

100 % GIRL!

Well, we went back to the doctor on Thursday and got a great view of the baby. We are now 100% sure that she is a girl! I was pretty sure already (95% is enough for me), but now Casey feels better about it all. So, I feel like we can start planning some things now. Our first order of business is a name. We have a few in mind, but need to make a final decision.

The doctor also said that everything looks great. She is a little ahead of schedule on growth, and moving a lot! I started on progesterone shots 4 weeks ago to prevent pre-term labor. We are hoping not to experience any of the problems we had last time. As I quickly approach the 25 week mark (I am almost 21 weeks now), I feel a little anxious about having to go on bedrest again. My sister-in-law, Rachel, and I have decided that we need to pray diligently for this not to happen each day. Please join us in this prayer.

One other little note, Laney seems excited about being a big sister. She asks about the baby a lot, and wants to kiss her good night. I also have noticed some habits she has picked back up ever since she found out about the baby. The biggest thing we noticed is the thumb-sucking. We thought it was over, and now it has come back! Any suggestions would be great!

2 comments:

The Junods said...

You can count on my prayers. I remember that with Laney. I'll also pray for peace leading all the way up to delivery. I'm sure its not easy to think about...you can always be wondering if something might happen "today". I'll pray that those thoughts don't enter your mind. Yay for girl #2. I'm THE biggest fan of sisters (and brothers too). Miss you guys and plan on seeing you this summer when we're home!! Take care...oh and I love your blog design...so cute!!!

Sheron McCain said...

Hi,

I was just going through some of my older Inbox items and found your blogsite this morning. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. I was really glad to see your post and get an update on your progress.

We will definitely keep you in our prayers for a smooth, uneventful "rest of the term".

You definitely have had your hands full with being a Mommy, Teacher, and now "Production Manager"! And also, having to keep a watchful eye on Laney's diet. I understand some of the feelings you must be going through, from memories of the health challenges my family went through when the kids were small!

Keep up the good work. Give Casey and Laney our love.

Love,
Aunt Sheron & Uncle Gene